Saturday, August 31, 2013

Fried Rice that even my Korean roomie LOVES

Today I received the ultimate reassurance in my cooking skills.  My Korean room mate loves my fried rice. Win.

She wants the recipe, but in all honesty I just threw some of her leftover rice in a pan and went from there. (Don't tell!)
Here's a basic summary of what's in it.
  • Salmon (4oz?) that was marinated in soy sauce, Sriracha, and curry powder
  • A cup of so of leftover jasmine rice
  • Half a bag of frozen Asian mix veggies
  • Coconut oil (so it didn't stick to the pan)

Cooked the salmon to about medium rare, set aside. Threw the veggies in the pan with the rest of the marinade the fish was in to make sure they had some flavor, added the salmon back in with the rice, some more coconut oil, and cooked until the salmon was all done! Added more soy sauce/curry/Sriracha as needed. Hello dinner for the week!

For best results, add some love and listen to some Snarky Puppy while you cook :) Bon Appétit, Enjoy, Guten Appetit, 즐겨 (korean for "enjoy")

No comments:

Post a Comment